Are you ready to start using this homemade hair serum with olive oil? Read on to find out how to make it and the benefits of olive oil for your hair!
Making your own hair care products at home is popular now more than ever before! Especially in the natural hair community. The thing is, making your own hair products at home is so easy, chemical-free and doesn’t break the bank.
But the biggest benefit of all? THEY’RE SO EFFECTIVE! Take this homemade hair serum with olive oil, for example. It uses a main ingredient we all know and love – olive oil. Make sure to use 100% pure extra virgin oil, of course. You might be wondering what makes olive oil special for hair and if it’ll even work! Friends, just read the hair benefits of olive oil I’ve listed below:
Why Use Olive Oil on your Hair?
Olive oil is one of the most ancient pressed oils in the world. Ancient Egyptians, Greeks, Romans and Arabs all used olive oil as a food and hair treatment as well. In Arabia, people coated their hair with olive oil to make it soft and silky. Here are the following benefits of olive oil for your hair:
Don't Miss: My Shea Butter Recipes EbookDo you love shea butter and want to make your own beauty products with it?! Check out my ebook “My Favorite Tried & Tested Shea Butter Recipes for Luscious Skin & Hair” for 50+ awesome recipes, complete with step-by-step instructions, beautiful pictures and other valuable shea butter info!
- Deep conditions hair
- Repairs dry and damaged hair
- Nourishes hair
- Helps recover from protein overload
- Pre-shampoo treatment
- Makes hair soft and silky
- Gives hair a nice shine
Homemade Hair Serum with Olive Oil
- 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp camellia oil or jojoba oil
- 15 drops of your favorite essential oil (like geranium, rose, ylang ylang or sweet orange)
- Small funnel
- 4 oz amber glass dropper bottle
- Using a small funnel, transfer 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil and 2 tbsp camellia oil or jojoba oil into a 4 oz amber glass dropper bottle.
- Next add 15 drops of your favorite essential oil of your choice. You can use a combination or an individual oil. Select from geranium, rose, ylang ylang and sweet orange for amazing scents and boosted hair benefits!
- Remove the funnel, cap the bottle tightly and swirl it gently to combine all the oils without creating too many air bubbles.
- Store in a cool dry place!
- You can apply a few drops on your hair length and leave it on or wash it off after 2 hours with a natural sulfate-free shampoo.
- Use as a daily hair oil, hair styler, hair mask, deep conditioner, leave-in conditioner and even an overnight hair treatment!
Do you love using olive oil on your hair? Are you going to try this homemade hair serum with olive oil?