You totally need to do this homemade egg protein treatment if your hair is weak and falling out often! I love my weekly hair growth masks and they’re one of my best kept secrets for luscious hair!
Why Use A Homemade Egg Protein Treatment for Hair?
Strengthen your hair strands by whipping up a simple but really effective hair mask using eggs and other kitchen ingredients! What makes eggs so special you ask? Well, for one they are super packed with protein, which contributes to healthy, shiny, thick and long hair.
Eggs also contain sulphur and biotin, which are needed for lustrous looking hair. You may have seen biotin listed as the ingredient in many hair care products like commercial shampoos. That’s because it fortifies hair strands and roots. Sulfur helps fight pesky dandruff and clogged hair follicles as well.
To get the benefits of egg for hair, you can eat ’em for their nutrients or apply them on your hair! Let’s see how to make a homemade egg protein treatment for lush hair below:
DIY Homemade Egg Protein Treatment
What you need
- 1 whole egg
- 1/2 ripe avocado
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp raw honey
- 10 drops lavender essential oil
- Small blender
- Pit and peel an avocado and chop it. Add it to a blender and blend till smooth and lump-free.
- Next break an egg into the blender and add 1 tsp lemon juice and 1 tsp raw honey. Blend for a few seconds until you get a well combined mixture.
- Pour it into a bowl and stir in 10 drops of lavender essential oil.
- Voila! Your egg protein treatment for hair is ready!
Homemade Egg Protein Treatment
- To use, scoop it up with an applicator brush or your fingers and start applying it on your scalp systematically after sectioning your hair.
- Once you’ve applied it on your whole scalp, slather the remaining mask onto your hair length. Wrap your hair up into a bun and put on a shower cap.
- After 30 minutes, rinse off the mask very thoroughly with COLD water. Do not use hot water as this will literally cook the eggs leaving you with cooked egg bits on your head!
- After removing the mask, you can shampoo your hair, preferably with an organic natural shampoo. Repeat this treatment weekly or bi-weekly.
- Enjoy stronger, longer and shinier locks!
Lavender essential oil is used to primarily mask the smell of the eggs but it also has other hair benefits like calming the scalp and encouraging blood flow to the hair follicles. However, you can use any other essential oils of your choice like lemon, sweet orange, rose, geranium or ylang ylang.
Make sure to buy pure raw honey because the regular honey that you find in bear bottles may contain additives that you don’t want on your hair. Raw honey also contains a lot of nutrients that are beneficial for your hair.
If your hair feels oily after the mask, shampoo twice to remove all the oils. It may feel this way because of the high fatty content of avocados.