Nourish and beautify your skin by applying coconut oil on your face at night!
Benefits of Coconut Oil for your Face
Coconut oil is an amazing moisturizer for your face – there’s no doubt about it. It’s rich in healthy fatty acids such as lauric, capric, caprylic, stearic and mystiric acids! These fatty acids have small molecular structures which makes them easily able to sink into the skin at a fast rate. That’s why coconut oil is a superior moisturizer – it penetrates deep into skin cells, keeping them supple and moisturized.
Here are more benefits of coconut oil for your face:
- Smooths out fine lines and wrinkles
- Softens rough skin
- Helps get rid of bumpy skin
- Calms rosacea
- Soothes skin inflammation
- Makes skin supple
- Reduces appearance of spider veins on cheeks/nose
- Gives skin a nice glow
Who Can Apply Coconut Oil on the Face at Night
Believe it or not, coconut oil is not for everyone. If you have acne prone skin, then stay away from coconut oil as it can worsen your acne and cause more breakouts! You can safely apply coconut oil on your face at night with amazing results if you have:
- Dry flaky skin
- Rough bumpy skin
- Fine lines and wrinkles
- Spider veins
- Inflamed red skin
Ways to Use Coconut Oil on the Face at Night
You can use a pea-sized amount of coconut oil directly on your clean face at night.
Or better yet, make a more nourishing and powerful night time treatment like an overnight coconut oil face mask, or coconut oil face cream with essential oils! Check out the three ways you can use coconut oil to make a nourishing night time treatment:
1. Overnight Coconut Oil Face Mask
- ½ tsp coconut oil
- ½ tsp aloe vera gel
- 1 drop tea tree essential oil
- 1 drop ylang ylang essential oil
- Small bowl and spoon
- Mix up all the ingredients in a small bowl using a spoon.
- Apply it on your face and neck and let it penetrate overnight!
- Wash your face the next morning using a natural cleanser.
2. Anti-Aging Coconut Oil Face Cream
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- ¼ cup shea butter
- 3 drops frankincense essential oil
- 3 drops geranium essential oil
- 3 drops lemon essential oil
- Small blender
- 2 oz storage container
- Simply place all the ingredients into a small blender (like Magic Bullet or NutriBullet).
- Blend for a few seconds till you get a white cream.
- Transfer it into a sealable jar and store in a cool dry place.
- Apply a suitable amount to moisturize your face!
3. Oil Cleansing with Coconut Oil
You can also do Oil Cleansing with Coconut Oil. This is a method of washing your face with oils to deeply purify pores and make skin soft, supple and youthful!
- ½ tsp coconut oil
- Microfiber washcloth
- Hot water
- Here, you first apply a suitable amount of coconut oil on your face. You can use ¼ tsp or ½ tsp.
- Next get a washcloth and run it under hot water.
- Squeeze out the excess water from the cloth and press it all over your face. This opens pores and softens your skin.
- Repeat then wipe off the excess oils and splash your face with cold water.
- There’s no need to moisturize because the coconut oil will leave your skin hydrated, soft and supple!
So those are the benefits of applying coconut oil on face at night! How are you planning on using coconut oil on your face at night?