I highly recommend the avocado oil hair mask treatment – it’s a better alternative to using avocado puree as you’ll soon find out!
Avocado Oil Hair Mask Treatment
Growing up we had a lush avocado tree in our backyard that my dear mother planted when I was 9 years old. That tree was an iconic part of my childhood. It produced so much fruit that we would have so many left over even after distributing them to more than 10 families! Suffice it to say our neighbors were a lucky bunch.
Creamy avocado smoothies made with organic milk and raw honey were a daily occurrence in my house. Oh, how I miss those days! Avocado hair masks? We were doing those long before avocados even became mainstream in America.
But these days since I live far from home, I don’t have the luxury of doing avocado hair masks. In fact I rarely buy avocados because they simply don’t taste anywhere as good as my childhood ones did! I still faithfully do avocado hair treatments though! How? Using avocado oil, of course!
Don't Miss: My Shea Butter Recipes EbookDo you love shea butter and want to make your own beauty products with it?! Check out my ebook “My Favorite Tried & Tested Shea Butter Recipes for Luscious Skin & Hair” for 50+ awesome recipes, complete with step-by-step instructions, beautiful pictures and other valuable shea butter info!
Using avocado oil is even better than using avocado puree because it is more convenient (especially for busy people) and it’s more potent!
How to Make Avocado Oil Hair Mask Treatment
It’s truly so easy and hassle-free to make an all-purpose avocado oil hair mask treatment at home.
What You’ll Need:
- Glass bowl
- Wooden spoon
- ¼ cup of avocado oil
- ¼ cup of extra virgin olive oil
- 8 drops of rosemary oil
- 4 drops of lavender oil
Make the Mask:
- In your clean glass bowl or glass container, measure out the right quantities of avocado oil, extra virgin olive oil, rosemary oil and lavender oil. Pour them into the bowl.
- Using a wooden spoon reserved for DIY treatments, gently mix the ingredients for 30 seconds.
- Now using your fingers, apply the avocado oil hair mask into your hair. Saturate your hair completely with the oil treatment. Don’t forget to oil the whole length of your hair, including your roots and tips.
- Gently massage your scalp with the oil to stimulate blood circulation. This step makes me so relaxed and sleepy. Just love it!
If you so wish, get a wide tooth comb and brush your hair to remove any tangles and to further encourage circulation to the scalp.
- Allow the mask to work its magic for a minimum of 30 minutes. Sometimes I leave the mask on the whole day. It works great as an overnight treatment too! Wash off with lukewarm water, using your favorite sulfate-free shampoo.
Stay tuned for more exciting and targeted avocado oil hair masks for longer hair, dandruff treatment, dry hair and others! Subscribe to the free newsletter to keep up to date with all the latest posts!