Chapped lips can be such a pain! Learn how to use shea butter for chapped lips!
Right now, I have shea butter slathered on my lips and do you know how it feels? Like velvet! It instantly soothed my peeling and sore lips! Shea butter is truly a life saver so use it to prettify your pouters when they turn dry and start chapping and bleeding!
Nutrients in Shea Butter for Chapped Lips
Shea Butter doesn’t just lubricate your lips, it makes them softer, smoother and kissable! Check out some of the nutrients in shea butter for beautiful lips:
Don't Miss: My Shea Butter Recipes EbookDo you love shea butter and want to make your own beauty products with it?! Check out my ebook “My Favorite Tried & Tested Shea Butter Recipes for Luscious Skin & Hair” for 30 awesome recipes, complete with step-by-step instructions, beautiful pictures and other valuable shea butter info!
- Vitamin A – prevents dryness
- Vitamin E – lubricates lips
- Vitamin F – seals in moisture and promotes healing
- Vitamin K – stops bleeding lips
How to Use Shea Butter on Your Lips – First Prep them!
There are many ways you can use shea butter on your lips. I’ll share them shortly. First, lemme give you some tips to prep your lips before using shea butter:
- Wash your lips with a mild cleanser. You can use this tea tree cleanser from Thursday Plantation.
- After washing them, apply a tiny amount of shea butter while your lips are still wet.
- Now get a soft bristled toothbrush (you can also use your own), and gently brush your lips in a gentle motion. This will help remove the flaky skin.
- Rinse your lips then apply pat dry.
- Finally, smooth a pea-sized amount of shea butter on your lips again and enjoy your velvety soft and smooth lips!
Ways to Use Shea Butter for Chapped Lips
- Plain Ole Shea Goodness! As I shared above, you can use shea butter straight on your lips, which is what I did just now. It will make your lips soft, smooth and moisturized.
- Essential Oils are Your Friends! For more healing powers, add essential oils to your shea butter! For painful lips, add 2 drops of peppermint essential oil in 1 tsp of shea butter . For bleeding lips, add 2 drops of helichrysum oil. For delicious scent, add 2 drops of lemon essential oil. Get a round lip balm tin. just to store your simple shea – essential oil lip balm.
- Aloe Vera is Super Soothing! Aloe vera is the savior if you want some soothing action on your lips. Simply get 2 tbsp of shea butter into a Magic Bullet. Now add 1 ½ tsp of aloe vera gel. Add 4 drops of any essential oil of your choice. Blend till creamy then transfer into a round lip balm tin.
- Vitamin E = More Velvety Lips! Vitamin E will seriously make your lips even more velvety! Just place your desired amount of shea butter in a bowl. Next, prick 1 – 2 Vitamin E capsules with a pin and squeeze the oil into the shea butter. Mix very well using a whisk. Transfer it into a round salve tin and you’re done! Of course you can add your own essential oils as well!
Where to Get Shea Butter
I love Better Shea Butter’s Unrefined Shea Butter. It comes in a big packet and carries a pound of shea butter. It’s soft, so it’s easy to scoop up with clean fingers and apply on your lips! It’s one of the best brands of shea butter around if you want a high quality product.