Do you kids stay up late into the night complaining of sleeplessness? Or are you suffering from it yourself? Try this DIY shea butter sleep cream! It contains magnesium oil which promotes deep and peaceful sleep!
Sleep cream is a lotion you slather on at night to calm your tired body and help you rest better. They contain sleep-inducing ingredients like lavender oil, chamomile and magnesium oil. These natural ingredients generally help relax the mind and body, creating just the right environment to make you drowsy.
Taking a warm bath or shower is something that really helps one get a good night’s rest. So if you’ve been having lack of sleep, start having warm showers! You’ll instantly feel the ZZZ’s! Even for your kids, try giving them quick night time baths and they’ll fall asleep for hours!
Let’s check out the DIY shea butter sleep cream recipe now!
Don't Miss: My Shea Butter Recipes EbookDo you love shea butter and want to make your own beauty products with it?! Check out my ebook “My Favorite Tried & Tested Shea Butter Recipes for Luscious Skin & Hair” for 50+ awesome recipes, complete with step-by-step instructions, beautiful pictures and other valuable shea butter info!
DIY Shea Butter Sleep Cream
What you Need
- 2 tbsp shea butter (where to get it)
- 1 tbsp jojoba oil (where to get it)
- 2 tbsp coconut oil (where to get it)
- 2 tbsp beeswax pastilles (where to get it)
- 2 tbsp magnesium oil (where to get it)
- 10-15 drops lavender essential oil (where to get it)
- Double boiler (where to get it)
- Hand mixer (where to get it)
- Mason jar for storage (where to get it)
- Melt the shea butter, beeswax pastilles and coconut oil in a double boiler over medium-low heat. Stir occasionally to help the ingredients evenly melt together.
- Once melted, remove from heat and let it cool down slightly then stir in the jojoba oil and magnesium oil.
- Now place the melted oils in the refrigerator to cool down for 15 minutes. When the time is up, the mixture should be opaque or partially solidified.
- Using your hand mixer, whip up the opaque mixture into a silky cream.
- Add the lavender essential oil and whip again.
- Scoop the mixture into a clean mason jar. Keep away from children and pets.
- To use, rub a suitable amount on the back of legs and bellies.
Have a good night’s sleep with this DIY shea butter sleep cream!