When you have shea butter then you don’t need beeswax to make a lotion bar! Check out this easy DIY shea butter lotion bar recipe without beeswax!
A lotion bar is simply lotion in solid form. You don’t need to slather a liquid lotion on your body. Just grab a lotion bar and rub it on! The heat from your skin will warm up the part of the bar touching your skin, releasing oils that moisturize your skin.
If you’ve been making lotion bars with beeswax, I’m here to tell you that lotion bars can still stay solid even without the addition of beeswax. All you need are natural plant butters such as shea butter and cocoa butter and your lotion bar will stay firm and work well!
Essential oils have been added to this recipe for their scents, therapeutic properties and also moisturizing and antiseptic qualities. The three essential oils used: lavender, geranium and tea tree combined together have a very lovely scent. Lavender oil is moisturizing, geranium oil balances sebum and beautifies skin while tea tree oil has antiseptic properties to fight off germs.
DIY Shea Butter Lotion Bar Recipe without Beeswax
What you Need
- 2 tbsp shea butter (where to get it)
- 3 tbsp cocoa butter (where to get it)
- 2 tbsp grapeseed oil (where to get it)
- 10 drops lavender essential oil (where to get it)
- 7 drops geranium essential oil (where to get it)
- 7 drops tea tree essential oil (where to get it)
- Double boiler (where to get it)
- Silicone molds (where to get it)
- Place 3 tbsp of cocoa butter, 2 tbsp of shea butter and 2 tbsp of grapeseed oil in a double boiler over medium-low heat.
- Let them gently melt down to liquid form.
- Once melted, allow it to cool down a bit like for 3 minutes without solidifying.
- Now stir in 10 drops of lavender essential oil, 7 drops of geranium essential oil and 7 drops of tea tree essential oil.
- Pour the mixture into silicone molds.
- Pop them in the refrigerator for an hour to harden up.
- Store the lotion bars in a mason jar in a cool dry place.
Have fun with this DIY shea butter lotion bar recipe!